Today is the 28th of November — Thanksgiving Day — and I still find myself on the NaBloPoMo journey. If I could stick to my weight loss efforts the way I’ve stuck to this, I’d be 40 pounds lighter (Im just saying’).
I was thinking about saving this blog post for the 30th, but I’ve decided against it. Today is a day of thanks, so why not share what I’ve learned during this month-long journey because I truly am thankful for it all.
I wasn’t sure what to expect during a month of daily blogging, and frankly I thought doing this might ruin the joy that blogging adds to my life, but I was completely wrong. This experience has confirmed that on this blogging journey is exactly where I need to be at this moment in my life.
Here’s what NaBloPoMo has taught me:
1) Challenges help me grow — even if they aren’t super deep
2) CandidBelle is a true reflection of who I am
3) I need to start creating an editorial calendar (on the 2014 list of “must do” things)
4) There are still some parts of myself I struggle with sharing
5) I can lose weight easily if I care about my health at least as much as I care about blogging
6) My husband truly is one of my biggest fans
7) I have a loyal group of followers because no one unsubscribed despite my daily emails 🙂
8) I can type a post in about 10 minutes when I need to (and a good one at that)
9) I should have been using PicMonkey since last year (where the hell have I been?)
10) I am definitely giving CandidBelle a Facelift for the new year
11) New content areas are coming soon… including health/wellness, motherhood and much more
12) I need to seek clarity on a few things so I don’t enter the new year feeling confused
13) I am so not crafty. I planned on doing a few posts about crafts with the kids… but I didn’t
14) I am more determined than ever to present at BlogHer in 2014
15) Blogging is teaching me so much about who I am and what my life’s mission is
16) Blogging is good (actually it’s great) for the soul
17) You will all be seeing a lot more of me in the new year