I LOVE quotes. Don’t you?
I mean a good quote has the power to totally shift your perspective. You can wake up in the crappiest mood, and then after a reading a powerful quote, the prospect of facing your day seems so much brighter. The quote shifted something within.
I post many quotes on Facebook and Twitter, but I felt inspired to write a post about some pretty awesome quotes and share it with you. My hope is simple: For you to read something on this page that inspires you. I hope you read something that adds a ray of light to your life–something that reminds you of the wonder that lies within.
Here are 17 quotes that really do something special for me. I hope they do the same for you. Be inspired, my friends!
1. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, where there is life, there is hope.” – Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
2. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
3. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
4. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
5. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.” –Robert Frost
6. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” –Mark Twain
7. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” – Dr. Maya Angelou
8. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”
― Oprah Winfrey
9. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” Dr. Robert Schuller
10. “There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.” ~Christopher Morley
11. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” ~Will Rogers
12. When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.-Audre Lorde
13. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” ~Babe Ruth
14. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
15. “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
16. “No matter how dark it gets, the sun will always rise.” – Oprah Winfrey
17. “Work harder on yourself than you do your job. If you work hard on your job you can make a living. If you work hard on yourself you can make a fortune.” -Jim Rohn